"Over the next few months, we will run a series of ELAN blog entries to describe some of the important changes coming to family law in BC as a result of this new act. In addition to the changes listed above, these entries will describe the changes to the law about:
You can subscribe to the ELAN RSS feed to have new posts delivered to your web browser or email service.
- the language used in family law cases (e.g., changes to terms like custody and access)
- agreements (and when they can be set aside)
- how children’s best interests are considered in parenting disputes
- property and pension division, and the division of debts
- child support and spousal support
- protection orders (restraining orders)
- court process and enforcement of orders"