Here's how the promo material from TLABC describes the course:
Family law practice can be challenging. Sometimes (or often) we can have files that have no easy answers. TLABC's 2016 Family Law Seminar A Rock & A Hard Place: Complex Issues in Family Law Practice is designed to address some of the more advanced issues in family law. With problems to solve that are as diverse as our clients, we benefit from the enriching perspectives of the judiciary, family counsel, criminal lawyers, Crown counsel, community advocates, police and the Ministry of Justice.Faculty include:
- Megan Ellis, QC and Bill Story, noted Vancouver family law lawyers;
- The Honourable Judge Patricia Bond, from the Surrey Registry of the BC Provincial Court;
- Professor Margaret Jackson from Simon Fraser;
- Vicky Law from Battered Women's Support Services;
- Dr. Susan Gamache, a marriage and family therapist based in Vancouver;
- Jack Hittrich, a noted Surrey family law lawyer; and,
- Penelope Lipsack from the BC Ministry of Justice.
- family violence and projections orders;
- using counselling and collaborative tools in litigation;
- interjurisdictional issues in custody matters; and,
- allegations of child alienation.
22 April 2016Place
Pan Pacific Hotel, VancouverPrice
$111.60 to $471.60, varying depending on membership status with TLABC and year of call; additional discounts available to articled students and law studentsRegister