- the historic and constitutional aspects of family law
- dispute resolution in family law matters
- the British Columbia court system
- cohabitation and marriage agreements
- separation and parenting agreements
- the Divorce Act, the Family Law Act and the Child Support Guidelines
- the Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines
- custody and access under the Divorce Act and guardianship, parenting arrangements and contact under the Family Law Act
- child support, including children's special expenses, and spousal support
- the division of property and allocation of debt
- family violence
The society's intention is that this course will meet the 21 hours of training in family law required by the Family Law Act Regulation for non-lawyers practicing as parenting coordinators, although I don't see why it wouldn't also count toward the 30 hours of training required for non-lawyers practicing as family law arbitrators.
The course will be taught by notable family law lawyers, including Craig Neville, Lisa Hamilton and Zara Suleman, and runs from 22 to 24 October 2013 at a cost of about $800. The course will be held at the Vancouver Masonic Centre at 1495 West 8th Avenue in Vancouver. Contact Stephanie Fabbro at 604-687-1133 for more information.