The PAS program is a mandatory part of the court process in the Abbotsford, Campbell River, Chilliwack, Courtney, Kamloops, Kelowna, Nanaimo, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Penticton, Port Coquitlam, Prince George, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Vernon and Victoria registries of the provincial court. It is intended to teach parents about how children experience separation, how parents can protect children from the conflict, and how parents can make decisions which put their children's interests first. I recommend the program to all parents who are thinking of separating, not just those involved in litigation in the provincial court.
The Attorney General's website has a list of locations (PDF) where the PAS program is offered live, a brochure (PDF) for the program, and the program handbook in English, French, Chinese and Punjabi (PDF).
Update: 25 March 2011
And the news gets better yet. JES is looking for people to evaluate their online Parenting After Separation program. The first fifty people will be paid $50 for completing the online program, including the final exam, and filling out an evaluation form.
This is how it works:
- visit www.familieschange.ca starting today,
- click on the icon for the online Parenting After Separation program,
- click the REGISTER button and provide your name and telephone number,
- complete the course and take the final exam,
- fill out the online evaluation form after the final exam, and
- answer a few follow questions by telephone and provide a mailing address for your cheque.